Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Alphabet-Free!

“OMG! What DO you eat?” That’s a question I hear a lot.
“Plenty!” Is my response.

Really…when you think about it, there is more we CAN eat than CAN’T. It is about changing one’s perception and seeing the glass as half-full, rather than half-empty, which is ironic considering my depressive tendencies. But, having three older sisters who are health-food oriented, creative gourmets in their own rights hasn’t hurt me either. Knowing and experiencing different and varied flavors helps, too, when trying new combinations. Another twist of irony for me considering I’m not very brave when it comes to ‘different’ foods.

Glad to see I can provide entertainment for the Divine

By focusing on what we can have, I have enjoyed a resurgence of energy in the kitchen and started using all the toys and gadgets I have collected over the years. I have a beautiful kitchen and it’s nice to actually use it for its intended purpose. What a concept in today’s pre-packaged, fast food society.

(Don't worry...it NEVER looks this nice!)



…now if only I could learn to just follow a recipe…

2 comments:

  1. What a great way to share your story. I love hearing how Sawyer is doing. I have an item to add to your to do list. Record Sawyers stories to go with her pictures. I always loved hearing her tell me her story to the picture she had drawn. It may bring a smile to someone elses day.

    Love Miss Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting your blog address on Yahoo...I look forward to reading it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message!
Anna