Saturday, May 17, 2008

Inspiration?


For as wonderful as my kitchen may be, come the end of the day, I need more than just the thought of preparing a healthy meal to inspire me at the stove. Dancing with my daughter to some pick-me-up tunes helps, but I’m not so altruistic as to think that a glass of libation doesn’t help the mundane pass a little faster…or at least make it more interesting. I could go into why a glass of red wine, water or juice might be better for your health, I could even get into the caveats: "Don’t drink and drive." "Drink responsibly." "Don’t drink and draw."

The bottom line for me? Sometimes life just requires alcohol.

(...Did I mention these go well with fire pits??...)


POMEGRANATE MARTINI

1 oz Vodka (Lime flavored is great)
1/2 oz Triple Sec
1/2 oz Pomegranate Liqueur
Splash of Cranberry Juice
Twist (or squeeze) of Lime

Fill shaker with some ice, add alcohol and cranberry juice. Shake. Strain into martini glass, finish with twist, or squeeze, of lime.



..Now get back to the stove!...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a message!
Anna