Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Roasted Grain Pilaf Salad



I made this from my leftover grains. As usual, I didn't measure so tweak my recipe to suit your taste.

Salad:
3-4 cups leftover Roasted Grain Pilaf (See my post)
2 pieces 'legal' sliced ham (I used Applegate Honey Ham) cut into 1/2 inch pieces
2 scallions, chopped
2 Tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
1 stalk celery, chopped
1/3 small red pepper, diced
Fresh avocado, cubed

Chop veggies, add to grains and mix thoroughly.

Dressing:
Juice from 3/4 fresh lemon
Extra Light Olive Oil (I prefer a lighter flavor). Add oil until it's a suitable tartness for you.
1 medium clove fresh garlic, minced
Fresh ground salt and pepper to taste

Whisk ingredients together. Pour over grains and veggies. Mix well.

Top with cubed fresh avocado and serve.


Other ideas: Serve on a bed of lettuce. Replace ham with finely cubed chicken. Add a little bit of finely chopped fresh mint.

Note: It's the fresh ingredients that really add flavor and POP! to this...

Mmmmm....great source of protein!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a message!
Anna